Your Long-Term Plan for a Healthy Weight
Thomas Edison is known for his authentic sayings, two of which apply specifically to the basics of Reset Your Weight:
“Make it a habit to keep on the lookout for novel and interesting ideas that others have used successfully,”
“Your idea needs to be original only in its adaptation to the problem you are currently working on” (Taken from The Power of Simplicity by Jack Trout).
The basics of Reset Your Weight are:
- Real, bone broth for gut health, which facilitates weight loss
- Raw, fermented foods and probiotic drinks that contain live, beneficial bacteria to stabilize both the gut microbiome and the brain’s emotions
- Food freedom using nutrient-dense foods that will sustain a person’s optimal weight
Carbohydrates Are Key
There are many proven and successful programs that isolate and focus on only one aspect of the Reset Your Weight basic principles for health and weight loss. For example:
Dr. Alan Christianson, NMD and author of The Adrenal Reset Diet, states that “When in good health, we are able to keep our weight at a range conducive to our good health despite inevitable variations in day to day food intake” (pg. 45).
The basis of his diet is to restore a person’s natural level and rhythm of the hormone cortisol by cycling carbohydrates. Specifically, he focuses on carbohydrates that a high in all three forms of fiber as a means of influencing blood sugar levels through cortisol production.
The Reset Your Weight Lifestyle plan for sustainable weight loss supports his “carb cycling” with the targeted, time of day Daily Resets. These Daily Resets restore balance to the key weight management issues of H.I.M: Hormones, Inflammation, and Metabolism.
In addition, several of the fermented foods and many of the nutrient-dense food recommendations are high in fiber in order to feed the beneficial bacteria throughout the digestive system. This is best done by including high fiber foods into your meals but a nighttime supplement works great as well. Dr. Perlmutter, author of the Grain Brain and the Grain Brain Whole Life Plan recommends this:
Dr. Kellyann Petrucci, best-selling author of The Bone Broth Diet and creator of the 30 Day Reset Program, has based decades of her medical and clinical expertise on the restorative properties of bone broth. Not to mention that bone broth has been used medicinally and as a staple food for centuries across the world.
Why is it important to incorporate these specific basic principles at the same time?
Here’s one example: While simply switching to a raw, plant based, fiber filled diet is excellent, your body will quickly detox and may not efficiently absorb all of the available nutrients-especially when you start to restore balance for weight loss.
By combining both of the basic principles of Reset Your Weight, bone broth:
- aids in detox while at the same time soothing and healing the whole digestive system,
- provides a healthy ratio of protein and healthy fat,
- introduces amino acids,
- replenishes the body’s vitamin and mineral stores, and
- restores cell and digestive damage;
- bone broth is easily digestible.
Likewise, the process of fermentation:
- creates enzymes, amino acids,
- boosts many key vitamins and minerals, and
- introduces live, active beneficial bacteria into the digestive system;
- fermented foods made with fibrous vegetables feed the beneficial bacteria throughout the digestive tract and
- make the food easily digestible.
When I only incorporated the recommended daily amount of raw veggies into my food choices, I had more energy; however, the quick cleansing was harsh and painful for me.
My joints ached and my digestion “movements” were all out of whack. Just adding one cup of bone broth into my daily food helped tremendously because of the high amount of healing collagen.
You can eat a raw diet and not benefit from the majority of the nutrients because your body is unable to properly absorb it, especially after years of toxins and damage.
While bone broth heals and is easily digestible, the inclusion of fermented foods at the same time will provide the enzymes and other macro-nutrients that will readily combine with the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids from the bone broth for a much smoother, healthier transition.
Hormone regulation is also closely linked to bone broth as does a healthy gut populated with beneficial bacteria. Another leading MD on how to lose weight by balancing hormones and metabolism, Dr. Scott Isaacs, author of Hormonal Balance, conducts research on how hormones influence both the body and brain and its link between food and cravings.
He states definitively, “The answer to achieving a healthy body weight is in your hormones” (pg. 23) and that there is a dynamic relationship of flux over control between the brain and hormones (pg. 24).
His answer? Food, “eating to outsmart your hungry hormones” (pg. 31); Control your hormones and your metabolism using the glycemic index rating for carbohydrates and by simply eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Reset Your Weight capitalizes on this by further unlocking the nutrients in veggies with the process of fermentation. Again, the plethora of B vitamins and the pre-processing of the carbohydrate’s sugar during fermentation is easily used as energy for the brain instead of being stored as fat.
A Perfect Combination
Both of these best-selling author-physicians on hormonal regulation confirm that meals with healthy carbs and fat along with protein will lead to permanent weight loss; a bone broth soup meal is one of the simplest ways to accomplish this necessary, long term balance.
Specifically, the Basic Meal Challenge, which is the first week of the Re-Cycle plan:
- quickly and effectively balances hormones,
- reduces inflammation, and
- increases metabolism for safe weight loss in both pounds and inches using meals of bone broth soup.
More importantly, the inclusion of probiotics from fermented food or drink supplies the body with enzymes to help the body process and absorb the bone broth. The probiotics step in to restore communication between the brain and hormonal system as well as the digestive system.
Reset Your Weight is fast and effective as a result of combining the proven results of hormonal balance and its subsequently related metabolism using bone broth with the sustainability of a healthy gut microbiome from probiotics.
As Edison recommended, the “novel and interesting ideas…used successfully by others” of bone broth and fermented foods for better health and weight management have been adapted by Reset Your Weight in order to maximize the best practices from the medical, psychological, and nutritional fields to make sustainable weight loss an easy cycle where food does the heavy lifting. Be obsessed with life, not the weight of food!
Re-Cycle Plan for A Healthy Weight Lifestyle
Keep the basics simple:
- Use bone broth daily to buffer the transition to incorporating at least 5-7 servings of veggies and fruits into your daily food choices. Bone broth is also an excellent meal of protein, healthy fat, and nutrients that restore digestive functioning
- Experiment with probiotic drinks and fermented foods to find the flavors and combinations you enjoy so that you can repopulate your individual gut microbiome with beneficial bacteria that will consume the provided necessary nutrition from the veggie and fruit carbs
- Mix it up and keep it novel so that your brain nor belly doesn’t get bored, eating foods you enjoy but don’t control you
- Choosing to eat fermented foods and bone broth BEFORE you eat processed or refined foods will help break the cycle of dependence and cravings, leading to food freedom
- Take it slow, knowing that the inclusion of any healthy food choices are working to meet your goal of resetting your weight with food, not exercise